1.We only create accounts for new Consignors for 10 or more acceptable items. After your account is created, feel free to stop by with any amount of items following our guidelines! (We make an exception for prestigious brand items). We do not spot price, sort items, or authenticate items without having them on consignment.
2. Be sure all your items are free from any rips, holes, smells, smoke, or stains. All items should be recently cleaned, in ready-to-wear condition, and ready to sell! All items found damaged during the intake process will be immediately donated, so be sure your items are in perfect condition.
3. All clothing should be neatly folded in shopping bags or containers. No trash bags will be accepted.
4. Be sure to bring in-season items from the past 2 years ONLY.
5. Keep track of your balance and status of items using your online account. Checks can be printed as requested for balances $25 or more. You can use your store credit at any time. If you would like to use your balance on website or social media items, simply shoot us a message! We would be happy to accommodate.
6. Attached to your items? Don't consign them! Our job is to sell your items, and make you money on the items you no longer wear- and we do just that!
7. No need to make an appointment! We make consigning with us easy! Please be sure to double check our "no thank-you" brand list, and be sure all items follow the tips below. We work on a Convenient Consignment basis only. Your items will be put into our consignment que. Once our consignment team sorts through your batch, we will donate what we are unable to take (no take-backs). The items we select will be shown in your online account. We are very selective during our intake process, but that's why our customers trust us and love to shop at Chic Boutique Consignments!
8. Spread the word! The best way to quickly sell your items is to let others know the BEST place to buy and consign! Share our website and page on Facebook, show us some love with reviews, and keep the word of mouth flowing to all of your favorite ladies!
BRANDS WE LOVE:
Alice & Olivia
7 For All Mankind
We Will Say "No Thanks!" To:
- Clothing items older than 3 years
- Knockoffs/replica items
- Wedding/Bridesmaids Dresses
- Formal Wear
- Work Wear (button downs, polos, slacks, kitten heels, sensible heels)
- Suit Attire
- Basics retailing under $100
- Junior Brands (Aeropostale, American Eagle, etc)
- Fur Jackets
- Ballet flats (unless a luxury brand - we love Chanel flats!)
- Dated styles of athletic wear (low rise, crops, anything older than 3 years)
- Costume Jewelry - our customers are looking for Tiffany & Co, David Yurman, etc!
- Wristlets (except for prestigious brands)
- TJ Maxx/Marshalls Junior Brands
- Coach logo styles older than 3 years
- Any brand on our "no thank-you brand list" below:
Alex & Ani
Beach Lunch Lounge
Cynthia Rowley (Marshalls division)
J Crew Outlet
Lucky Brand (Jeans)
New York and Co.
Rock & Republic
Style & Co
White House Black Market
Items we are not able to put on consignment will be used during our infamous Backroom Blowout - a super fun, eco-friendly and community-driven sidewalk sale held at our Bedford, NH location a few times a year. All items are set up outside - and all just $5! A generous portion of proceeds are donated to non-profit animal rescue organizations, community families facing hardship, or other fabulous (local) organizations.
Items that are left over from the sale will be donated to local foster families via the Pass Along Project, as well as woman & children shelters in the New Hampshire or Massachusetts area. Rest assured, all items stay out of Make sure to follow us along on Facebook to attend our next not-to-be-missed Backroom Blowout sale!